Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
3 large sweet potatoes (or yams)
4 tablespoons pecans, toasted
1 tablespoon brown sugar
freshly ground cinnamon, to taste
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them in half. Place them in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork, about 30 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, toast the pecans in a nonstick skillet for 2-4 minutes or in a toaster oven and set aside.
3. Mash the potatoes and brown sugar with a potato masher or fork, or use a food mill.
4. Adjust the cinnamon to taste.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and top with the toasted pecans.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||4 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.