Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
1 teaspoon peanut oil
1 1/3 cup converted rice
2 cloves fresh garlic, diced
1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 2/3 cups water
1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a small ovenproof pot, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the rice, stir. Cook for 3 minutes, add the garlic and water chestnuts and cook for 1 minute more.
3. Add the soy-sauce and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
4. As soon as the water comes to a boil, cover the pot and place in the oven for 18 minutes.
6. Add the green onions and gently fluff with a fork.
Serving Size: 2/3 cup
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||1 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||3 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.