Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in sodium
lower in carbs
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 large button mushrooms, sliced thin
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
4 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup chicken stock
1. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over a medium-high heat and sauté the mushrooms until golden brown, then set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix the tomatoes and parsley together.
3. Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or bottom of the breast. Place 2 tablespoons of tomato mixture and 1/4 of the sauteéd mushrooms in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pocket with toothpicks threading along the side to close.
4. Heat the remaing 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy oven-proof skillet until it begins to smoke. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
5. Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
6. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm. Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
7. Taste the sauce and and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast when served.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||9 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||35 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.