Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in sodium
lower in carbs
4 large slices of roasted red bell pepper, from a jar
1 shallot, diced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup chicken stock
1. Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or bottom of the breast. Place 1 slice of red pepper and 1 teaspoon of diced shallot in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pocket with toothpicks threading along the side to close.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy oven-proof skillet until it begins to smoke. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
3. Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm. Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
5. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast to serve.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||8 g||Fiber||0 g|
|Protein||34 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.