Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
This recipe is...
Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Three Bell Peppers
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
1 shallot, diced
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup chicken stock
2. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over a medium-high heat. Cook the bell pepper mixture until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or bottom of the breast. Place 1/4 cup of the pepper mixture in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pocket with toothpicks threading along the side to close.
4. Heat the remaing 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a heavy oven-proof skillet until it begins to smoke. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
5. Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
6. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm. Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
7. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast to serve.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Number of Servings: 4
- 9 g
- 10 g
- 1 g
- 24 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 119 mg