Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in sodium
lower in carbs
1 cup cake flour
1 1/2 cups superfine granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups egg whites (about 10 large eggs whites), at room temperature
1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon rum extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Sift the flour twice with 1/2 cup of the sugar.
3. With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form when the mixer is removed from the batter.
4. Add half of the remaining sugar and beat for 1 minute. Add the remaining sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating after each addition.
5. Stir in the rum extract.
6. Fold the flour and sugar mixture into the egg whites, 1/4 cup at a time, just until incorporated.
7. Put the batter in an ungreased 10" tube pan and bake until the cake is light golden brown and springy to the touch, about 1 hour. Invert the pan and let the cake cool completely before removing from the pan.
Serving Size: 1 slice (1/14 of cake)
Number of Servings: 14
|Fat||0 g||Fiber||0 g|
|Protein||3 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.