Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
1 cup long grain jasmine rice
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup cooked, fresh peas
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
1. Place the rice in a large deep saucepan and cover with water. Drain and repeat until the water rinses clear. Lift the rice with your fingers several times to fluff the kernels.
2. Place the rice and water in a heavy saucepan with a lid. Heat uncovered until the water boils.
3. Lower the heat, cover and simmer about 18-20 minutes, or until the water has evaporated and the rice kernels are just tender.
4. Remove from the heat and fluff lightly with a fork to separate the grains. Gently fold in the peas and lemon zest.
5. Serve the rice immediately while hot, or let the rice cool on a baking sheet. Cover with plastic and store in the refrigerator.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||0 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||5 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.