Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 9 visitors
This recipe is...
Wild Rice with Dried Cranberries and Walnuts
1/2 carrot, peeled
1/2 stalk of celery
1/2 cup wild rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
1 1/2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1 apple , peeled and cut into small dice
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
2 teaspoons finely chopped scallions
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2. Place the rice, onion, carrot and celery in a sauce pot. Season with salt and pepper and cover with water.
3. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the rice is tender and fully fluffed, about 45 to 60 minutes.
4. Drain the rice and remove the onion, carrot and celery pieces.
5. Combine the rice in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 4
- 18 g
- 5 g
- 2 g
- 2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 2 mg