Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 9 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in grains
lower in fat
lower in sodium
1/2 onion, quartered
1 carrot, peeled and quartered
1 stalk celery, quartered
1 cup wild rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
4 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
2 1/2 tablespoons dried cranberries
2 apples, peeled and cut into small dice
2 1/2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
4 teaspoons finely chopped scallions
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash the rice in a strainer under running water until water is clear.
2. Place the rice, onion, carrot and celery in a sauce pot. Season with salt and pepper and cover with water.
3. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the rice is tender and fully fluffed, about 45 to 60 minutes.
4. Drain the rice and remove the onion, carrot and celery pieces.
5. Combine the rice in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 8
|Fat||5 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.