Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in sodium
6 salsify roots
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste
white or black pepper to taste
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4" thick
1. Cut the lemon in half and place in a bowl of water large enough to hold all the salsify.
2. Peel the salsify and cut it into "sticks" about 1/2" X 1/2" X 2" in length. Quickly submerge them in the lemon water.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, drain the salsify sticks and blot them dry.
4. Add the salsify to the skillet and sauté for 8 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the apple slices and cook until they are golden and until the salsify is tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Adjust seasoning and serve warm.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||2 g||Fiber||4 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.