Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Fennel Salad with Beets and Oranges with Balsamic Vinaigrette
2 beets, peeled
1/2 Bermuda onion, thinly sliced into rings
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1. Place beets in a sauce pan of cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until beets are easily pierced with the tip of a knife. Drain, cool, peel and slice thinly.
2. Peel the oranges and remove the segments over a bowl to reserve the juice.
For the Vinaigrette:
1. Place all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette plus the reserved orange juice in a container with a tight fitting lid. Shake well.
2. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toss the fennel with half of the vinaigrette and arrange fennel slices in a large ring on a serving platter.
4. In the same manner, dress the beet slices with the remaining vinaigrette and arrange them in a ring just inside the fennel.
5. Place the orange segments in the center of the salad.
6. Scatter the onion rings over the entire salad.
Serving Size: about 1 cup of salad with 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette
Number of Servings: 4
- 25 g
- 21 g
- 6 g
- 3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 219 mg