This recipe is...
Steak Salad with Arugula, Tomatoes and Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 top sirloin steaks, about 8 ounces each
salt and pepper
2 cups cherry tomatoes, rinsed
1 green bell pepper, stems and seeds removed, and diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced Vidalia onion
8 cups Romaine or mixed baby greens
4 small crusty wheat rolls
1. Place the shallots, vinegar and oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
For the Steak:
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Cook them on the grill to the desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board. Slice the steak into thin strips.
For the Salad:
1. Place the steak strips, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion slices in a mixing bowl with half of the vinaigrette.
2. Place the romaine lettuce in a separate bowl and toss it with the remaining vinaigrette.
3. Arrange the steak, tomato and bell pepper mixture on top. Serve with crusty rolls.
Serving Size: 1 salad with steak
Number of Servings: 4
- 41 g
- 12 g
- 4 g
- 30 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 383 mg