Salmon, Cucumber and Dill Wraps
juice of 1/2 lemon
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
2 ounces cream cheese, low-fat whipped
2 teaspoons diced, sweet onion
2 teaspoons freshly chopped dill
1 , 12-inch flour tortilla
1. Place the lemon juice, salt, and about 1 cup of water in a 10" pan. Add the salmon fillet and more water to cover the salmon if necessary.
2. Turn the heat to medium and bring the liquid to a simmer. Remove the fillet when it is just opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes depending on thickness. Place the fillet in the refrigerator to cool. (This can be done in advance and kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.)
3. Flake the salmon into small pieces with a fork and set aside in a small bowl.
For the wraps:
4. Halve the cucumber lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut it crosswise and then into julienne strips. Toss the strips with a tablespoon of the lime juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, onions and dill with the back of a fork into a paste.
6. Cut 1 inch off one side of the tortilla. Place the tortilla on your work surface with the side that is still rounded facing you. Using half of the cream cheese mixture, spread it on the bottom edge. Top with the salmon, then with the remainder of the cheese mixture, then add the cucumber strips. Roll up tightly ending with the cut side down.
7. You can make these ahead and chill them overnight, individually wrapped in plastic.
8. Slice in half on the diagonal and serve at room temperature.
Serving Size: 1 wrap
Number of Servings: 1
- 34 g
- 8 g
- 3 g
- 32 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 465 mg