Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
rich in veggies
lower in sodium
lower in carbs
For the Salad:
1 head bibb lettuce
1 bunch watercress
2 grapefruits,peeled and sectioned
For the Sherry Vinaigrette:
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
pinch of salt
freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil
2. Add the kumquats to the boiling water and cook for about 20 seconds. Remove, pat dry and slice thinly.
3. Gently wash and dry the bibb lettuce and watercress leaves.
4. Peel the grapefruit and remove the sections.
5. Peel the avocado and slice into sections.
6. Place the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl and whisk to combine. Gently toss the watercress, bibb lettuce and fruit with the vinaigrette.
7. Make a bed of bibb lettuce and watercress leaves on each plate. Arrange the grapefruit and avocado sections on top. Place the kumquat slices in the center.
Serving Size: about 1 cup of salad with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||14 g||Fiber||6 g|
|Protein||3 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.