This recipe is...
Turkey Wraps with Cranberries
pinch of salt
5 black peppercorns
juice of 1/4 lemon
1/2 sprig fresh thyme
1 turkey cutlet, about 3-4 ounces
2 tablespoons non-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon finely diced celery
1 tablespoon finely diced sweet onion
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
salt and pepper
1 lettuce leaf, green leaf, bibb or romaine, shredded
1. In a large saucepan combine the wine, salt, peppercorns, lemon juice and thyme. Add the turkey cutlet and enough water to cover it. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the turkey cool in the liquid.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, onion and cranberries.
3. When the turkey is cool enough to handle, remove it from the liquid. (Discard the liquid.) Cut the turkey into small pieces, let cool some more and add it to the mayonnaise mixture and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until mixture is ready to serve.
For the wrap:
4. Lay the tortilla out on a work surface and spread the turkey mixture in the center of the tortilla. Place the shredded lettuce on top of the turkey mixture, then tightly roll the tortilla into a cylinder, ending with the seam side down.
(The wrap can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
5. Cut the wrap in half on the diagonal and serve.
Serving Size: 1 wrap
Number of Servings: 1
- 38 g
- 14 g
- 3 g
- 29 g
- Saturated Fat
- 5 g
- 373 mg