Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 2 visitors
This recipe is...
Cranberry-Turkey Salad Sandwiches on Focaccia
pinch of salt
3 black peppercorns
juice of 1/4 lemon
1/2 sprig fresh thyme
1 turkey cutlet, about 3-4 ounces
2 tablespoons non-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon finely diced celery
1 tablespoon finely diced, sweet onion
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
salt and pepper
1 lettuce leaf, green leaf, bibb or romaine, shredded
1. In a large saucepan combine the wine, salt, peppercorns, lemon juice and thyme. Add the turkey cutlet and enough water to cover. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the turkey cool in the liquid.
2. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, onion and cranberries.
3. When the turkey is cool enough to handle, remove it from the liquid. (Discard the liquid.) Cut the turkey into small pieces, let cool some more and add it to the mayonnaise mixture and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until mixture is ready to serve.
For the sandwich:
4. Lay the focaccia slices out on a work surface and spread the turkey mixture on the sandwich, sprinkle the shredded lettuce on the sandwich and place the top half of the focaccia bread on the sandwich.
5. Cut the sandwich in half on the diagonal and serve.
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Number of Servings: 1
- 38 g
- 14 g
- 3 g
- 29 g
- Saturated Fat
- 5 g
- 373 mg