Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Chicken, Apple and Walnut Wraps
pinch of salt
5 black peppercorns
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 small skinless, boneless chicken breast about 3-4 ounces
2 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
1/2 apple , cored and chopped
2 tablespoons diced celery
2 tablespoons diced red onion
1 teaspoon chopped, fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
salt and pepper
1 large lettuce leaf (romaine, bibb or green leaf), shredded
1. In a large saucepan combine the wine, salt, peppercorns, lemon juice and thyme. Add the chicken breast and enough water to cover them. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the chicken cool in the liquid.
2. In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, apples, celery, red onion and parsley together.
3. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove it from the liquid. (Discard the liquid.) Cut the chicken into small pieces, add it to the sour cream mixture and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in the walnuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the wrap:
4. Lay the tortilla out and spread the chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle the shredded lettuce on top of the chicken mixture and tightly roll the tortilla into a cylinder, ending with the seam side down.
5. Cut the wrap in half on the diagonal and serve.
Serving Size: 1 wrap
Number of Servings: 1
- 61 g
- 12 g
- 6 g
- 64 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 870 mg