Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Curried Chicken Wraps
pinch of salt
5 black peppercorns
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, about 4 ounces
1 teaspoon canola or peanut oil
2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 tablespoons non-fat sour cream
1/4 cup red or green grapes, halved
1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
freshly ground black pepper
1 lettuce leaf, shredded
1. In a large saucepan combine the wine, salt, peppercorns, lemon juice and thyme. Add the chicken breast and enough water to cover it. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let the chicken cool in the liquid.
2. To make the curried sour cream, heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook until the onion is very soft, about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Stir in the sour cream.
3. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove it from the liquid. (Discard the liquid.) Cut the chicken into small pieces, place it in a bowl and toss it with the curried sour cream, grapes and almonds. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the wrap:
4. Lay the tortilla out and spread the curried chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle the shredded lettuce over the chicken and tightly roll the tortilla into a cylinder, ending with the seam side down.
5. Cut the wrap in half on the diagonal and serve.
Serving Size: 1 wrap
Number of Servings: 1
- 55 g
- 13 g
- 5 g
- 37 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 665 mg