Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
lower in fat
1 cup sugar (more or less depending on taste)
one 1/4 inch slice lemon zest
1/2 cup water
4 cups peeled, cored and sliced pears
1. Bring the sugar and lemon zest to a boil over high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. This will extract flavor from the peel, dissolve the sugar and make a syrup.
2. Add the fruit and continue to cook for about 5 minutes until just tender.
3. Remove the fruit from the juice and set aside. Discard the lemon zest.
4. Reduce the juice over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until it becomes syrupy.
5. Pour the reduced syrup over the cooked fruit.
6. Serve warm.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Number of Servings: 12
|Fat||0 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||0 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.