Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
Grilled Chicken, Avocado and Tomato Sandwiches
1 small skinless, boneless chicken breast, about 4 ounces each
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons minced scallions
1 teaspoon diced chili peppers
1 teaspoon freshly chopped cilantro
1/8 large avocado (about 2 Tablespoons)
1 large whole grain sandwich bun, sliced in half
1 large slice of tomato, sliced thick
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Brush the chicken breast with olive oil and then season with salt and pepper. Cook it on the grill, about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the breast. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to let cool and then slice on the bias.
For the sandwich:
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, scallions, chili peppers, and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Lay out the sandwich bun on a work surface in front of you. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the sandwich, spreading it out in the middle of the bun. Place the chicken slices on the sandwich, top with avocado and one slice of tomato.
5. Slice the sandwich on the diagonal and serve.
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Number of Servings: 1
- 39 g
- 11 g
- 6 g
- 37 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 725 mg