Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Grilled Chipotle-Herb Chicken Sandwiches
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
1/2 clove garlic, peeled
1 pinch salt
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
drizzle of olive oil
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, about 4 to 6 ounces
2 teaspoons minced, sweet onion
1 whole grain sandwich bun, sliced in half
1 large green leaf lettuce leaf, shredded
1. Combine the chipotle pepper, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper in a mortar and pestle or chop them on a cutting board until they form a paste. Add the olive oil to the mortar and pestle or transfer the mixture to a small bowl and add the olive oil.
2. Rub the chicken breasts with the chipotle paste and set aside.
3. Preheat the grill or broiler.
4. Cook the chicken for about 4 to 6 minutes per side, until it is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to let rest.
For the sandwich:
5. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Lay out the sandwich bun on a work surface in front of you. Spread the cream cheese on each side of the bun. Sprinkle the lettuce on the sandwich, and place one chicken breast on the bun.
7. Cut the sandwich on the diagonal and serve.
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Number of Servings: 1
- 67 g
- 9 g
- 3 g
- 66 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4 g
- 948 mg