This recipe is...
Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken, Mushrooms and Balsamic Vinaigrette
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup sliced, fresh button mushrooms
2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
1. Place the shallots and vinegar in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Continue whisking and slowly add the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the grilled chicken:
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Brush the chicken breast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the chicken on both sides until it is cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the breast.
(The chicken can be grilled in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the spinach salad:
1. Slice the chicken breast into strips and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the mushrooms, red onion and half of the balsamic vinaigrette.
2. Place the spinach in a separate salad bowl and toss it with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange the chicken, mushrooms and onion mixture on top.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with salad
Number of Servings: 1
- 7 g
- 13 g
- 2 g
- 57 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 278 mg