This recipe is...
Romaine Lettuce with Grilled Shrimp and Soy-Lime Vinaigrette
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced, sweet onion
1. Place the lime juice and shallot in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Continue whisking and slowly add the olive oil and soy sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the grilled shrimp:
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Brush the shrimp with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Slide the shrimp onto skewers and grill the shrimp on both sides until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through, 5 minutes total for both sides.
(The shrimp can be grilled in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.)
For the green salad:
1. remove the shrimp from the skewers and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the onion slices and half of the vinaigrette.
2. Place the lettuce in a separate salad bowl and toss it with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange the shrimp and onion mixture on top.
Serving Size: 1/4 pound of shrimp with salad
Number of Servings: 4
- 7 g
- 12 g
- 2 g
- 25 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 311 mg