Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Baby Greens with Grilled Turkey, Cranberries and Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
drizzle of olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chicken stock
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. With the skin on, cut the shallot in half lengthwise. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Drizzle the shallot with a bit of the olive oil and place them on the baking sheet cut side down.
3. Roast in the oven until the shallot is very soft, about 20 to 30 minutes.
4. When the shallot is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and the root end. Puree the shallot and salt in a food processor.
5. Add the mustard and puree. Add the vinegar by the tablespoon, pureeing after each addition.
6. With the motor running, add the olive oil and stock slowly through the feed tube.
7. Stir in the chives and pepper. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
For the grilled turkey:
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Brush the cutlets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the turkey for about 4 to 6 minutes each side, depending on the thickness until the turkey is cooked through. Remove the turkey from the grill and place on a cutting board to rest. Cut the turkey into strips.
(The turkey can be grilled in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.)
For the green salad:
1. Place the turkey strips in a mixing bowl, add the cranberries and half of the vinaigrette.
2. Place the lettuce in a separate salad bowl and toss it with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange the turkey and cranberry mixture on top.
Serving Size: 1 turkey cutlet with salad
Number of Servings: 4
- 17 g
- 7 g
- 2 g
- 21 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 263 mg