This recipe is...
Bibb Lettuce with Grilled Tuna, Black Beans, Avocado and Cilantro Vinaigrette
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon freshly chopped cilantro
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
nonstick cooking spray
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
1. Place the shallots and the vinegar in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Continue whisking and slowly add the olive oil and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the grilled tuna:
1. Spray the grill grate with nonstick cooking spray and then preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the tuna on both sides until it is cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the tuna steaks.
(The tuna can be grilled in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
For the green salad:
1. Slice the tuna into strips and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the black beans and half of the vinaigrette.
2. Place the lettuce in a separate salad bowl and toss it with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange the tuna and black bean mixture on top. Garnish with avocado slices.
Serving Size: 1 tuna fillet with salad
Number of Servings: 4
- 21 g
- 17 g
- 6 g
- 58 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 380 mg
Try This With...
- Barbecued Pork Chops with Pecans, Sweet Potato, Sautéed Green Beans, Mushrooms and Onions
- Pizza with Red Peppers, Potatoes, Garlic and Mushrooms