This recipe is...
Lean Beef and Black Bean Tortillas with Fresh Salsa
1 1/4 cups diced tomatoes, drained
3 dried chipotle peppers, stemmed and seeded
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2 1/2 tablespoons chopped, fresh oregano, or 2/3 teaspoon dried
1 1/3 cups water
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 pinch of sugar
2/3 pound cooked ground beef sirloin
1 cup cooked black beans
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, adjust the heat so that the mixture simmers and cook until 1/2 of the liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool.
2. Pour the mixture into a blender and puree. Chill.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
For the tortillas:
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. Place the ground sirloin in a skillet over a medium high heat and cook until browned and cooked through. Use a spatula to break apart the ground sirloin into small chunks while cooking.
5. Wrap the tortillas in foil and place them in the hot oven.
6. Reheat the beans and rice separately in the microwave.
7. Everyone can create their own tortillas with rice, beans, beef and salsa. Garnish the tortillas with extra salsa, sour cream and cilantro leaves if desired.
Serving Size: 2 tortillas
Number of Servings: 6
- 49 g
- 4 g
- 8 g
- 27 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 276 mg