Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
4 boneless veal cutlets, about 4 ounces each
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
flour for dredging
1 clove garlic
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Lay the veal between two pieces of waxed paper, and flatten each cutlet with the flat end of a mallet until thin.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet. While the oil is heating, season the veal with salt and pepper and dredge it in flour.
3. Sauté the veal over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the veal to a platter and keep warm.
3. Turn the heat to medium, add the remaining oil and garlic and cook until the garlic is light golden, about 1 minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, their juice and the oregano and stir with a wooden spoon to release any caramelized bits that may be stuck to the pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the veal and any juices that have accumulated on the platter. Simmer until the veal is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
5. Remove the veal to a clean serving platter and keep warm. Simmer the tomato mixture until it has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Adjust the salt and pepper. Sprinkle the veal with Parmesan cheese, spoon the tomatoes over the top and serve.
Serving Size: 1 scaloppine
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||13 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||27 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.