Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 13 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in carbs
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 16-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1. Combine the garlic, chili powder, black pepper, salt and 1/2 cup of the tomatoes in a food processor. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet or soup pot, heat the olive oil over high heat.
3. Add the ground turkey and brown it, while breaking the meat into small chunks with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the onion, lower the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chili powder mixture and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Add the remaining tomatoes and broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the kidney beans, heat thoroughly and serve.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||10 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||21 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.