This recipe is...
Basic Bean Burritos
1/4 cup diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 clove garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon jalapeño chili pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
2 teaspoons chopped, fresh cilantro
2 1/2 tablespoons water
salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
a pinch of sugar
2 1/2 ounces beans (black beans, pinto beans or refried beans)
1/4 cup cooked rice
2 tablespoons sour cream, fat-free
2 teaspoons fresh cilantro leaves
1. Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, adjust the heat so that the mixture simmers and cook until 1/2 of the liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool.
2. Pour the mixture into a blender and puree. Chill.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
For the burritos:
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
5. Heat the beans and rice separately in the microwave.
6. Everyone can create their own burritos with rice, beans, salsa and sour cream. Garnish with extra salsa, sour cream and cilantro leaves if desired.
Serving Size: 1 burrito
Number of Servings: 1
- 90 g
- 8 g
- 9 g
- 17 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 610 mg