Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
Basic Beef Burritos
2 1/2 ounces diced, canned tomatoes, drained
1/2 small clove garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon jalapeño chili pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced
2 teaspoons chopped, fresh cilantro
2 1/2 tablespoons water
salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
a pinch of sugar
3 ounces ground beef sirloin
salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 cup cooked, white rice
2 tablespoons sour cream, fat-free
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
1. Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, adjust the heat so that the mixture simmers and cook until 1/2 of the liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool.
2. Pour the mixture into a blender and puree. Chill.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
For the burrito:
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
5. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over a medium heat until cooked through. Break apart the beef as it browns into small pieces. Drain off any fat and season with salt and pepper.
7. Meanwhile, heat the cooked rice in the microwave.
8. Everyone can create their own burritos with beef, rice, salsa and sour cream. Garnish with extra salsa, sour cream and cilantro leaves if desired.
Serving Size: 1 burrito
Number of Servings: 1
- 108 g
- 15 g
- 6 g
- 33 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4 g
- 767 mg
Try This With...
- Pizza with Red Peppers, Potatoes, Garlic and Mushrooms
- Salmon, Snap Peas and New Potatoes with Mustard Vinaigrette