Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 9 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
rich in dairy
lower in fat
1 pound manicotti
1 pound spinach leaves
2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
nutmeg to taste
2 cups your favorite tomato sauce
1. Cook the manicotti according to the directions on the package.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Wash the spinach and add it to the skillet with just the water that clings to the spinach leaves. Toss the spinach until it is wilted and remove from heat.
3. Transfer the spinach to a food processor and puree. Add the ricotta cheese, egg and Parmesan cheese and puree again. Transfer the spinach mixture to a mixing bowl, add the bread crumbs and generously season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Using a spoon, fill the manicotti with the spinach mixture.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
6. Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish. Add the filled manicotti in a single layer and cover with the remaining tomato sauce. Cover the entire dish with foil.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the edges of the dish are bubbly, about 10 more minutes.
Serving Size: 2 manicotti with sauce
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||11 g||Fiber||6 g|
|Protein||25 g||Saturated Fat||5 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.