Raspberry, Yogurt and Granola Parfaits with Blueberry Sauce
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup raisins
juice of 1/2 lemon
sugar (2-4 tablespoons, to taste)
2 cups fresh raspberries
8 tall parfait glasses
1. Heat the oven to 375°F.
2. Combine the oats and almonds in a medium bowl.
3. In a small saucepan combine the honey, molasses, water, vegetable oil and cinnamon and heat through, stirring for about one minute. Pour over the oat mixture and stir to blend.
4. Spread the granola onto a baking sheet and toast, stirring every 10 minutes until golden-crisp, about 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and add the raisins. Cool completely before serving.
6. The granola can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to three weeks in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
For the blueberry sauce:
1. Puree the berries in a blender with the lemon juice. Blend in the sugar by the tablespoonful, tasting after each addition, until the desired degree of sweetness is reached.
2. Strain through a fine strainer, pressing with a rubber spatula to release the juices.
For the parfaits:
1. Layer the granola, raspberries and yogurt and drizzle with blueberry sauce.
Serving Size: 1 parfait
Number of Servings: 8
- 63 g
- 6 g
- 6 g
- 10 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 76 mg