Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
Cornmeal Crusted Sea Bass with Corn and Tomatillo Salsa
12 tomatillos,husks removed
2/3 cup seeded and diced tomato
2 jalapeño peppers,seeded and diced
2/3 cup seeded and diced cucumber
2/3 cup chopped red onion
2/3 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup cornmeal
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
8 sea bass fillets,red snapper or catfish (4 ounces each)
1. Roast the corn over an open flame or under a broiler until just browned. When cool, cut the kernels from the cob. Put in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Place the tomatillos in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain and purée in a blender until smooth. Pour into the bowl containing the corn. Add the tomatoes, jalapeños, cucumber, onion, red pepper, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
For the sea bass:
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2.Pour the buttermilk into a shallow dish and sprinkle the cornmeal onto another shallow dish. Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper; dip each fillet into buttermilk, then dredge in cornmeal.
3. Sauté the fish fillets until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
4. Transfer to warm plates and serve with room-temperature salsa on the side.
Serving Size: 1 fillet of fish and 1/2 cup of salsa
Number of Servings: 8
- 29 g
- 10 g
- 3 g
- 25 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 628 mg