Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in fruits
lower in fat
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 cups water
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cups dry couscous
2 apples, cored and diced
1/2 cup golden raisins, seedless
1/2 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the grill or broiler to medium-high.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill or broil them until they are cooked through, about 6 minutes on each side.
3. In a large saucepan, combine the water, olive oil, lemon juice and a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in the couscous, cover and let stand off the heat for 5 minutes.
4. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Add the apples, raisins, walnuts and parsley and stir to combine.
5. Transfer the couscous mixture to a serving platter. Slice the cooked chicken and arrange it on top of the couscous.
Serving Size: about 1 cup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||15 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Protein||29 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.