Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in dairy
lower in fat
lower in sodium
3 cups plain low-fat yogurt, about 1 1/2 pounds
1 cup clover honey
1 large vanilla bean,split
1. Place the yogurt in a large bowl.
2. Combine the honey and vanilla bean in a saucepan, warm over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Do not boil or overheat. Remove from the heat, cover with plastic wrap and let stand 20 minutes.
3. Scrape vanilla pulp from the bean and discard the bean. Stir the vanilla pulp back in honey and whisk the honey into the yogurt.
4. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.
Note: Non-fat yogurt does not work very well with this recipe.
Serving Size: about 1/4 cup
Number of Servings: 16
|Fat||1 g||Fiber||0 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.