Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in carbs
5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
2 cups chopped spinach
1 cup chopped, fresh basil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 cups chicken stock (broth)
1 cup Chardonnay, or similar white wine
1. Place one chicken breast between pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound with mallet. Try to shape it as much like a rectangle as possible, about 1/4" thick. Follow the same procedure with 3 more breasts. Set aside.
2. Chop the last breast into 1" chunks.
3. Place the spinach, basil, lemon juice, onions and garlic into a food processor. Pulse to chop. Add the chicken chunks, salt and pepper and continue to puree until the mixture becomes thick. Add a small amount of chicken stock if needed for moisture.
4. Spread 1/4 of the chicken mixture in a thin layer on each chicken breast. Fold the breast over the chicken mixture into roll-ups (roulades). Wrap the roulades in cheesecloth or plastic wrap and tie with string on both ends. Cheesecloth is preferable for tender, juicier chicken.
5. Place chicken stock into a medium pot and bring to boil. Add the wine and roulades. Simmer for 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted to center of chicken breast reads 180°F. Remove from liquid.
6. Reduce a few cups of the cooking liquid by half.
7. Remove the cheesecloth or plastic from the chicken and slice on the bias to create oblong pieces. Serve 1 roulade per person with the reduced liquid spooned over the slices.
Serving Size: 1 roulade
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||9 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||48 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.