Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in carbs
1 1/2 cups Cabernet Sauvignon, or similar dry red wine
3 ounces dry sun-dried tomatoes
nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 tablespoons minced, fresh garlic
3 tablespoons finely diced onion
3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, or canned, diced tomatoes
1/3 cup pitted black olives
3 teaspoons tomato paste
3 teaspoons finely chopped, fresh rosemary
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
6 salmon fillets, about 4 to 6 ounces
1. In a small pot, bring the wine and a cup of water to a boil. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and remove from heat. Let tomatoes reconstitute for about 5 minutes, until softened. Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid, and chop into medium dice.
2. Spray the rack of a grill with non-stick spray and preheat the grill.
3. In a medium pot, combine sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, onion, tomatoes, olives, tomato paste, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until well blended and aromatic. Use reserved wine if needed to keep moist. Pulse briefly in food processor to make the compote. Set aside and keep warm.
4. Place the salmon on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Thicker fillets may need to be finished in a 350°F oven for about 5 minutes.
3. Serve 1 fillet per person and top with compote. The compote can be served at room temperature or may be heated slightly.
Serving Size: 1 salmon fillet with compote
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||9 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||26 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.