This recipe is...
Herb-Stuffed Roast Chicken with Lemon and Garlic
3 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
10 leaves fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried
kosher salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lemon, cut into quarters
extra herb sprigs for garnishing
2. Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat it dry with paper towels. Tuck several slivers of garlic underneath the chicken skin.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon zest, thyme, rosemary, sage, a genourous pinch of salt and 1/2 teaspoon coarsley ground black pepper. Rub this mixture evenly inside the cavity of the chicken. Sprinkle the lemon juice inside the cavity.
3. Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan. Rub the outside of the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the skin with salt and pepper.
4. Place the chicken in the oven and roast until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a knife, about 1 hour.
5. Transfer to a serving platter and let rest 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the skin and carve the chicken. Garnish with lemon and herb sprigs and serve.
Serving Size: 1/4 chicken
Number of Servings: 4
- 6 g
- 12 g
- 2 g
- 58 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 78 mg