Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in fat
lower in carbs
2 rehydrated ancho chili peppers, stemmed and seeded
1 clove garlic (large)
1/3 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
1 pinch ground cloves
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
1 cup chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
2 teaspoons olive oil
2/3 pound lean ground beef sirloin
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups low-sodium beef broth
10 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (about 1 1/3 cups)
1/3 cup non-fat sour cream
4 teaspoons chopped red onion or scallions
4 teaspoons shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Combine the ancho peppers, garlic, paprika, cumin, clove, black pepper, salt and 1/3 cup of the tomatoes in a food processor. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet or soup pot, heat the olive oil over high heat.
3. Add the beef and brown it, while breaking the meat into small chunks with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the onion, lower the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. Add the ancho chili mixture and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Add the remaining tomatoes and broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the beans to the beef mixture and heat thoroughly.
7. Garnish with sour cream, onions and shredded cheese and serve.
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||8 g||Fiber||6 g|
|Protein||25 g||Saturated Fat||2 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.