Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 1 visitors
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 sprig fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
12 French bread slices
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
6 olives, pitted and halved
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, thyme and a little salt and pepper. Cook until the onions begin to get soft. Turn the heat up a little and cook until the onions turn golden brown. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
2. Toast the bread on both sides in a toaster oven, under the broiler or on the grill.
3. While the toasted slices are still warm, rub them with garlic and drizzle them with extra virgin olive oil on one side.
4. Place a dollop of the caramelized onions on each slice of bruschetta and top with half an olive.
Serving Size: 1 slice of bruschetta
Number of Servings: 12
|Fat||4 g||Fiber||1 g|
|Protein||1 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.
Try This With...
- Asian Tofu Sandwich with Grilled Vegetables
- Baby Greens Salad with Salmon, Peas and New Potatoes in a Mustard Vinaigrette
- Bibb Lettuce with Grilled Tuna, Black Beans, Avocado and Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Chicken and Mushroom Stew with Barley
- Grilled Chicken and Tomato-Basil Salad with Parmesan
- Grilled Garden Vegetables with Basil Polenta