This recipe is...
Stir-Fry of Tropical Fruits in Spiced Crêpes
1 carambola (star fruit),thinly sliced and cut into quarters
1/4 pineapple, peeled and diced
1 cup watermelon, peeled, seeded and diced
1 banana,peeled and cut into small cubes, (BEST done at last moment!)
3 tablespoons spiced rum
1 cup apple cider (or juice)
juice of one lemon
1/2 cup honey
1 cup skim milk
1 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons canola oil
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of the cooking oil in a large skillet or wok. When the oil is hot, add the fruits and allow them to just soften, about 2 minutes. Now add the rum, cider, lemon juice and honey. Allow the fruit to just get soft and then remove all of the fruit with a slotted spoon to a mixing bowl.
2. Reduce the remaining liquid until syrupy. Strain it into a small saucepan. Keep warm. (If this mixture gets too thick, just whisk in a tiny bit more cider.) Reserve.
For the crÍpes:
1. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Beat in the flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves and oil. Reserve.
1. Makes crÍpes in the usual way.
2. Spoon some of the warmed fruit compote into 1 quadrant of each crÍpe. Fold the crÍpe in half and then spoon fruit into another quadrant.
3. Serve 2 crÍpes per person on plates or in shallow soup plates and then with a spoon drizzle some of the warm fruit syrup over the folded crÍpe.
Serving Size: 2 crÍpes with fruit
Number of Servings: 12
- 29 g
- 7 g
- 1 g
- 4 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1 g
- 55 mg