Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
6 tablespoons softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup applesauce
2/3 cup non-fat sour cream
2 Gala or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer on high speed until the mixture is light in color and fluffy.
3. Lower the speed to low and add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Fold half of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Stir in the applesauce and sour cream. Fold in the remaining dry ingredients.
6. Fill the muffin tins halfway with batter. Add a few apple slices to each muffin and spoon the remaining batter over the apples.
7. Bake on the center rack until the muffins are golden brown and springy to the touch, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Number of Servings: 12
|Fat||7 g||Fiber||2 g|
|Protein||5 g||Saturated Fat||4 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.