Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
2 teaspoons walnuts, toasted
1 medium garlic clove
1 1/4 cups fresh basil leaves (about 3 bunches)
1 1/4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 splash lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
1/3 pound fettuccine
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Drop the walnuts and garlic through the food chute of a food processor while it is running.
3. Add the basil, cheese and lemon juice and process until the mixture is finely minced.
4. With the motor running, slowly pour the oil through food chute and process until well blended.
5. Transfer the basil mixture to a large pasta bowl and stir in ricotta cheese.
6. Add the fettuccine and cook until it is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
7. Toss the hot fettuccine with the basil and ricotta mixture and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 bowl (about 2 cups)
Number of Servings: 3
|Fat||8 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||13 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.