Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
This recipe is...
Pasta Primavera with Chicken
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 ounces boneless, skinless chicken cutlets, cut into strips
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 small carrot, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/4 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
1/4 small onion, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/3 cup non-fat sour cream
1 teaspoon chopped chives
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the chicken is golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth by the quarter cup, as needed, to keep the vegetables from sticking.
4. Add the red pepper and asparagus and cook for 2 minutes more. (Continue adding chicken broth as needed.)
5. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
6. Turn the heat to low and add any remaining chicken broth and the sour cream to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth and sour cream are well blended. Add 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
7. Add the chicken and toss it with the vegetables to coat it in the sauce. Add the fettuccine and toss again to combine.
8. Immediately serve the Primavera in warm bowls. Serve the remaining Parmesan cheese on the side for sprinkling at the table.
Serving Size: 1 bowl of pasta with chicken and vegetables
Number of Servings: 1
- 46 g
- 14 g
- 6 g
- 41 g
- Saturated Fat
- 6 g
- 601 mg