Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 6 visitors
1 pound fettuccine
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken cutlets, cut into strips
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 medium carrots, cut into thin strips
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
16 ounces non-fat sour cream
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1. Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook for 10 to 12 minutes unitl the pasta is al dente. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the chicken is golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth by the quarter cup, as needed, to keep the vegetables from sticking.
4. Add the red pepper and asparagus and cook for 2 minutes more. (Continue adding chicken broth as needed.)
5. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
6. Turn the heat to low and add any remaining chicken broth and the sour cream to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth and sour cream are well blended. Add 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add the chicken and toss it with the vegetables to coat it in the sauce. Add the fettuccine and toss again to combine.
8. Immediately serve the Primavera in warm bowls. Serve the remaining Parmesan cheese on the side for sprinkling at the table.
Serving Size: 1 bowl of pasta with chicken and vegetables
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||14 g||Fiber||6 g|
|Protein||41 g||Saturated Fat||6 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.