Ratings & Reviews
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 sprig curry leaf (available at Indian stores, or substitue 1 tablespoon cilantro)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted and crushed
2 pounds green beans, picked over and sliced
1 cup freshly grated coconut
salt, to taste
1. Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds and cook until they begin to crackle.
2. Add onion, garlic, and curry leaf and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in cumin seeds, and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add green beans and grated coconut. Stir to coat, cover pan, and cook on low flame for 15 minutes.
5. Remove cover, add salt to taste and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Number of Servings: 8
|Fat||4 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Protein||3 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.