Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 13 visitors
This recipe is...
rich in veggies
lower in carbs
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
8 cups green leaf lettuce
2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
1/2 cup prepared salsa
1 cup non-fat sour cream (optional)
2 cups baked tortilla chips
1. Whisk together the lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Place the chicken breasts in a sealable plastic bag and add half of the lime mixture to the bag. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight. Store the remaining lime mixture for the dressing in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the grill or broiler to medium-high.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade, season it with salt and pepper and grill until the chicken is fully cooked, about 6 minutes on each side. Discard the bag and remaining liquid. (The chicken can be grilled in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
4. Slice the chicken into strips.
5. Toss the lettuce, oranges, red onion and black beans in a large bowl with the reserved lime mixture from the refrigerator.
6. Mound the salad mixture into 4 serving bowls. Garnish each salad with strips of chicken, slices of avocado, salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips.
Serving Size: 1 salad
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||22 g||Fiber||14 g|
|Protein||45 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.