Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 13 visitors
This recipe is...
Grilled Chicken Taco Salad
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
8 cups green leaf lettuce
2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
1/2 cup prepared salsa
1 cup non-fat sour cream (optional)
2 cups baked tortilla chips
2. Preheat the grill or broiler to medium-high.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade, season it with salt and pepper and grill until the chicken is fully cooked, about 6 minutes on each side. Discard the bag and remaining liquid. (The chicken can be grilled in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
4. Slice the chicken into strips.
5. Toss the lettuce, oranges, red onion and black beans in a large bowl with the reserved lime mixture from the refrigerator.
6. Mound the salad mixture into 4 serving bowls. Garnish each salad with strips of chicken, slices of avocado, salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips.
Serving Size: 1 salad
Number of Servings: 4
- 60 g
- 22 g
- 14 g
- 45 g
- Saturated Fat
- 3 g
- 939 mg