Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
Fiesta Quesadillas with Black Beans
3 tablespoons chopped red onion
1 teaspoon minced jalapeño chili pepper, or to taste
3 tablespoons diced red or green peppers
1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
hot sauce (optional), to taste
1 cup low-fat Monterey jack cheese
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
3/4 cup chopped red onion
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients. (This can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator.)
For the quesadillas:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
2. Lay the tortillas out on a work surface and arrange the cheese, beans, cilantro, red onion and tomatoes on half of each tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half to cover the filling.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Carefully cook one quesadilla at a time in the skillet until lightly browned on both sides. Transfer the browned quesadillas to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while cooking the rest.
4. Slice each quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream.
Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
Number of Servings: 4
- 55 g
- 8 g
- 6 g
- 19 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4 g
- 529 mg