Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 13 visitors
This recipe is...
lower in fat
lower in sodium
1 1/3 cups whole-grain wheat flour
3 tablespoons oat bran
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/8 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons non-fat yogurt
1/2 cup apple juice
1 1/8 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon canola oil
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
2 egg whites
3 tablespoons grated carrots
1 1/2 tablespoons carob chips
nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift together the wheat flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside. (This can be done the night before and kept covered at room temperature.)
3. Mix the yogurt, apple juice, vanilla extract, oil, honey, egg whites and carrots in a separate bowl and blend together.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Add the carob chips and fold together until blended. Do not over-mix, this will toughen the bread.
6. Spray 2 small loaf pans with non-stick spray and fill each pan 3/4 full with batter. Place on the center rack of the preheated oven and bake 45 minutes. The breads are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out dry. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Slice each loaf into 10 slices.
Serving Size: 2 slices of bread
Number of Servings: 10
|Fat||1 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||4 g||Saturated Fat||1 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.