Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 13 visitors
1 rib of celery,chopped
1 carrot,peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 cups butternut squash,peeled and seeded
3 cloves garlic,minced
1 tablespoon fresh oregano,chopped
1 quart low-sodium vegetable stock or water, more maybe needed
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 onion,large dice
1 Granny Smith apple,peeled and cored
2 tablespoons non-fat yogurt
6 sprigs fresh dill,washed
1. In a soup pot, sauté the onion, celery and carrot in the oil over medium heat until the onion is golden, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the squash and garlic cooking 5 minutes, stirring. Add the oregano and stock and simmer about 15 minutes or until the veggies are soft.
2. While the soup is cooking, place a sauté pan at medium-high heat with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and sauté the diced onions.
3. Cut the apple into a large dice and when the onions are golden, add to the pan, toss sautéing 2 to 3 minutes. Add the curry and cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the dill and set aside.
4. Place all of the cooked veggies (except the curried onions and apple mix) and liquid from the pot in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. More stock may be needed to adjust consistency.
5. Return to the soup pot and add the curried onion and apple. Simmer for 2 minutes. Season to taste and adjust consistency. Serve hot or, on warm days, chilled.
6. Garnish with a dollop of yogurt and a sprig of fresh dill.
Serving Size: about 1 cup of soup
Number of Servings: 6
|Fat||1 g||Fiber||5 g|
|Protein||2 g||Saturated Fat||0 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.