Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 3 visitors
This recipe is...
Maryland Crab Cakes with Tartar Sauce
1 pound lump crab meat
1 egg white
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning or seafood seasoning (optional)
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup low-fat, low sodium mayonnaise
1 teaspoon capers
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, Old Bay seasoning, lemon zest, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
3. Carefully fold in the crab meat, cover and refrigerate.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, capers, relish and shallots. Cover and refrigerate.
5. Adjust the top oven rack so that it is about 8 inches away from the broiler and preheat the broiler to medium-high.
6. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Shape the crab meat mixture into 4 cakes and place them on the prepared cookie sheet.
7. Broil the crab cakes until they are golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the oven to 350°F until the crab cakes are warmed through, about 5 minutes.
8. Serve each crab cake with a generous dollop of tartar sauce.
Serving Size: 1 crab cake with tartar sauce
Number of Servings: 4
- 9 g
- 6 g
- 0 g
- 23 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 563 mg