Ratings & Reviews
Rated by 4 visitors
For the salsa:
2 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from the cob (about 2 ears)
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup diced scallions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or cilantro leaves
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
pinch sugar to taste
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
For the steaks:
4 top sirloin steaks, about 4 to 6 ounces each
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder or to taste
For the corn salsa:
1. Cut the corn from the cob and place in a small pot of boiling water. Cook the corn until it is just tender. (Very fresh corn will cook in about 1 minute, while older corn will take a few more minutes.) Drain and place the corn in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the red pepper, scallions, oregano, lime juice and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. The salsa should be served at room temperature.)
For the steaks:
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Combine the salt, black pepper and chili powder in a small bowl and season the steaks.
3. Cook the steaks on the hot grill to your desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium.
4. Serve the steaks topped with the fresh salsa.
Serving Size: 1 steak with salsa
Number of Servings: 4
|Fat||7 g||Fiber||3 g|
|Protein||33 g||Saturated Fat||3 g|
SEE ALL THE FACTS
This recipe can be personalized for your nutritional needs when you join the FoodFit Plan -- our healthy lifestyle program for lasting weight-loss.